Wednesday, August 7, 2013


My school is a zoo right now.  My principal and assistant principal were removed from our school and placed on other campuses.  They have set up an interim principal (our principal that retired 2 years ago) to take over until a new principal has been hired.  We have interviewed principal prospects but won’t find out until next week if the superintendent will actually hire one of them.  I have gotten the thumbs up from the principal and assistant principal that were moved but they are gone now.  So, I took my action research plan to our interim principal this week.  If nothing else, I can describe the steps of my action research plan without blinking.  Mrs. Krabill, our interim principal, had some suggestions and reminded me of a few things.  One of the things that she reminded me was that  I need to print out the electronic guidelines and make sure that every step I take is allowed by HCISD.  She sat down with me at the computer and showed me exactly where to find them.  I brought up the fact that I was tossing around the idea of using Edmodo or Remind101.  After I explained both of them to her she requested that I use Edmodo because parents and students can respond back to me.  She explained that since I am working on communication that I should take into account that parents might want to contact me and that would be an easy way to do it.  She also stated that if it is successful then I might be able to add video of me teaching a new subject, and add a link to my email.  Mrs. Krabill and I discussed what questions I might want to add on my survey and recommended that I send out the survey both on e-mail and a paper copy for those who do not have access to a computer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment