Thursday, August 15, 2013


The most exciting part of this course was figuring out what my research project was going to be about.  I had already decided what I wanted my inquiry to focus on but I wasn’t sure what exactly my steps were going to be.  The collaboration that I have had throughout this course on my blog as well on the discussion board has assisted me on the path I have chosen to take on this project. 

There are so many different action research projects that one can take on.  Throughout our reading assignments we read about different projects and their outcomes.  These readings gave me ideas and guidance to help me with my project.  Once this project is complete I will continue to put action research practices into play.  I will continue to be an active participant in the improvement of my classroom and campus.   Through my reading assignments, I have learned that collaboration will make my research more meaningful and will give me more paths on which to make my students more successful.   There are many different types of strategies in which successful schools are using to research and implement improvements in our school.  Those strategies all use collaboration with their peers as the underlying foundation of their group. 

Once I have followed the steps of my project I think that I am going to take it one step further.  I am a parent as well as a teacher and I have felt somewhat cut off from my older student’s school.  I would like to continue researching other ways in which I can strengthen communication with parents.   Because I consider myself a strict teacher I would love to research different kinds of discipline strategies and maybe even tie it into my previous project:   Does strong teacher parent communication reduce discipline problems in the classroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment