Saturday, August 31, 2013

Post Conference Reflection


Taking part in the conference on the day before everything was due was very difficult for me.  I have been very confused about my assignments and was looking forward to the conference on Thursday so I could get some clarification.  This week has possibly been the most stressful for me so far.  I am not used to waiting until the last minute to finish my work.  I hope next week our conference will go on as scheduled.

There were a few questions that I had answered when I attended the conference on August 31, 2013.  I was confused as to what a wiki was and in the first part of the conference Dr. Abernathy explained to us that our Google blog is considered a wiki.  She went on to mention another site that could be a wiki called Weebly. 

Many of us were confused about our wiki and what was to be put into it.  Dr. Abernathy explained that we should be writing about what we knew before, what we had learned through the readings, videos, and articles and what we plan to use from it. 

There was confusion again about the assignments because there weren't a lot of steps or details written out for us.  Dr. Abernathy explained that we needed to read the directions and whatever we felt were the steps we needed to take would be exactly what we should do.  That was very confusing.  Her explanation was rather vague but my classmates were commenting in the chat log and through all of our discussions my team and I have come up with a plan of action.

We discussed our Facebook page and the link was posted in case someone was not part of it yet.  Our Facebook page has been a great place for answers and collaboration with the others that are pursuing the same degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment