Wednesday, December 18, 2013

EDLD 5363 Week 4/5 Reflection

EDLD 5363 Reflection on Week 4/5

Everything about technology excites me.  I have learned about so many different activities that I can do with my class to help them become successful in their subjects  The wealth of information that is out on the internet is just waiting for us to find and utilize.  The amount of free resources on the internet is also available to us in many different programs. 

During this class I was assigned individual assignments as well as a group project.  I am still amazed that I can work collaboratively with my peer students who live hundreds of miles from me.  My group consisted of Carrie Allen, Jodie Allex, Carla Carattini and myself.   I don’t consider myself a group person because I usually don’t trust my other group members to do their part of the assignment.  With that thought in mind I must admit that my group was amazing.  We each seemed to find our niche and run with it.  When there was a piece missing someone quickly picked it up and completed it.   We worked very well together.   If we have another group assignment I would like to pair up with these ladies again. 

Google Docs made our collaboration very manageable.  We each picked a color to reflect our comments so it would be easy for anyone looking at our document to figure out who was saying what.  The weather was bad all week so it was difficult to video but the first chance we had we took our students outside and began our videoing. 

My experiences with my assignment through week 4/5 have been very positive.  Learning to use a new video editing program and work with Audacity again has made me more comfortable with these programs.  I look forward to taking my knowledge back to the classroom and utilizing these resources with my students.

The EDLD 5363 class was quite troubling to me.  From day one we were told that the assignments on Black Board were not correct and that we should not be reading or following them.  My concern every time I went to turn in my assignment was that I might have followed the incorrect rubric.  I am very conscientious about my schoolwork so to have assignments that were not clear was very unsettling.  In my opinion, graduate school should be more organized than this.  My hope is that Lamar gets their act together and has our next class organized and ready to go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment