Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Reflection on Internship and Action Research Plan

Internship Plan

My internship plan often takes a back burner to the rest of my work.  Not to say that I am not working through the domains but summarizing my findings and uploading my documents to my e-portfolio is not up to date.  At the beginning of this school year we had a change in administration.  This change gave me the opportunity to step up and complete many aspects of my internship plan.  The leadership roles that I have taken on or sat in on consist of school board meetings, hiring board, class schedules, coordinator of Family Math Night, and creating formative assessments to name a few.  Many of my projects had to be altered because of the change in our administration.  This change has given me many more leadership opportunities.  I plan to catch up during the two week break that we have in between classes.


Action Research Plan


My action research is in full swing.  I began my project by giving a survey to the parents of my students about parent-teacher contact.  Their responses were all very positive which gave me great hope that they would be willing to participate in my classroom technology.  I thought I would begin slowly so I made a “Mrs. Rodriguez’s Classroom Facebook” page.  I had done research about the different options Facebook had to offer and I decided to go with a group page that allowed the teacher (me) to add all interested followers.  Many of my parents had expressed concern about privacy and this allowed me to be selective on who would join our group.  My excitement quickly diminished when only 2 people followed my link to my page.  Adding an incentive to anyone who would find the secret code on my page acquired a few more parents to join but the participation was just not there.  The first of December I plan to send out another survey.  I plan on introducing Remind 101 to my students and parents after the survey has been returned.  I will continue my Facebook but add in the reminders hoping that extra contact with the parents will bring scores up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment